Being Where We Are

Being Where We Are

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Day at the Silver Strand

WHERE WE ARE relative to this post
(I added the photo to show where we are at the time of the post and I think I have to publish it again....oh for the learning curve to be over)

Summer has arrived at the Silver Strand. 

How do I know? I know because I haven’t seen the sun in days.   June Gloom is here.  The May - June typical weather pattern that brings cloudy, overcast skies, and cool breezy afternoons is brought to us by a marine layer common to the southern California coast.  Some days we will see the sun, and some days we won't.

Yesterday was one of the days the sun decided to make a hazy appearance early in the afternoon.  I took advantage and shot a few photos and then decided to enhance them with a filter in Digital Image Suite.

Not very many sunbathers were on the beach, but it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon for a stroll along the beach with Point Loma in view in the distance.

 Few people braved the cool temps to grab as many rays as possible and to frolic in the surf. They didn’t seem to care that it was 66 degrees under cloudy skies and a brisk breeze. They came to the beach for their summer vacation and they are determined to wear their beach clothes and bask in whatever sun is available.

The beach front sites are full every day in the summer.

 Broadway was quiet at mid-day
 
 
The Campground kiosk area on Flag Day



.


1 comment:

I love reading your comments. I hope you have enjoyed reading about where we are.