Being Where We Are

Being Where We Are

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Family Time In Huntington Beach


Where We Are relative to this post


Can life get any better than this?  We have just ended a 6 day visit with my Step-Mother, Judy, in Huntington Beach, Ca. and are heading to the Silver Strand State Beach where we will be until late June.  Judy was a gracious hostess and always receives us with open arms.  She had our room ready for us as usual and welcomes us to come and go as we please.  We prefer to relax at the house and go on outings with her rather than without her. 

The city of Huntington Beach allows oversize vehicle parking on its streets with a permit.  A quick phone call to the Traffic Division of the Police Dept. was all that was required to be able to park the motorhome on the street in front of her house.

Although we don't sleep in the MH during our visit, it sure comes in handy to have our home only steps away.   I like to give Judy a break from her own meal planning and I enjoy preparing meals for all of us.  That is where the close proximity of the MH comes in so handy.  I like to use familiar cooking utensils and seemed to be continuously shuttling items back and forth.   If I was in the house, I needed something from the motorhome; and if I was in the motorhome, I needed something I had taken into the house.  It was all worth the compliments and appreciation I received from Judy.  She made me feel like a star chef.

During our stay we had the chance to go cheer on my nephew, Jake, in 3 of his All-Star Tournament Basketball games.  (age group: 4th graders)  I wasn't sure I wanted to drive Orange County freeways in the rain, as was predicted for Saturday, but the first Tournament game happened to be on Saturday morning, the day a strong winter storm hit the southland.  The drive to the game from Huntington Beach to Fullerton was mostly on surface streets and the rain was light.  However, after the game was a different story.  Funny.  On our way to Marie Callender's for breakfast,  the skies opened up and I drove onto the freeway in a downpour, exactly like I had imagined that I didn't want to do.  Well, we survived.  And Jake's team, the Yorba Linda All-Star Pumas, won their game.  Yea!

Jake had 2 games to play on Sunday in Irvine.   Judy and I went to the afternoon game and I got a little more practice driving the Orange County freeways, but on a beautiful sunny day.  I am pleased to report that Jake's team won that game 51-29 and are still in tournament play. 


 JAKE (No. 3) MAKES A FREE-THROW






It was fun to watch these kids play.  They play hard and they play to win.  Nice going Jake and team.  Good luck in upcoming games.


Our other big adventure while we were at Judy's came yesterday.  I decided I was ready to handle the Los Angeles freeways and drove us to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum on Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood.  I think I'll make THAT adventure a separate post.


I'm writing this on the afteroon of Wednesday March 21, 2012 as we roll south on I-5 towards the Silver Strand State Beach where we will be camp hosting until June.  And from there I will continue posting and BEING WHERE WE ARE.......









1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great visit with Judy and Jake! Enjoy the Silver Strand. We look forward to pictures and postings!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I hope you have enjoyed reading about where we are.