Being Where We Are

Being Where We Are

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Being Where We Are at Cimarron Canyon State Park

 For several months I've been exploring the map of New Mexico to see where we might like to go after the Balloon Fiesta.  I had focused on the Eagle Nest/Cimarron area of North Central New Mexico on Highway 64 in the Cimarron Mountain Range of the Southern Rockies.
 
The reason this area got my attention was the $225 per year camping permit that the New Mexico State Parks offers to non-residents.  Two of those state parks are in this area.  I thought we would bounce from one park to another and get our money's worth at the same time taking in whatever fall colors remained on the cottonwoods.
 
I was also hoping to have a snow fix. 
 
Although we didn't buy the yearly camping pass, we got here in time to enjoy some fall colors.  And then after a few days, I got my snow fix.
 
Life is good. And we are enjoying Being Where We Are



Highway 64 on the way to Cimarron Canyon


Settled into Campsite No. 16
We soon learned this is the Camphost Site
 

The Cimarron River Runs Through the Campground
 
 
A Few Empty Campsites at Cimarron Canyon SP

 

Another Look at the Lonely Campground



And Then the Snow Came



It Appears No One Else Wants to Camp in the Snow



The Sometimes Wild Cimarron River After the Snowfall



 
The Snow was Nice While it Lasted

 

Still Alone in the Campground...Alone and Cold
 

Sunny and 43° Made Shoveling Snow a Breeze

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are on a 'Great roll'! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one came easier. Short and Sweet might work for me.

      Delete

I love reading your comments. I hope you have enjoyed reading about where we are.